In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Southwest Virginia Community Health Systems (SVCHS) will be hosting the UVA Mobile Mammography Coach on Thursday, November 7, 2019.
The Mobile will be at Twin City Medical Center at 2195 Euclid Avenue, Bristol, Va. 24201 from 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Additional information regarding the Mobile Mammography Coach include:
- The UVA Mobile Mammography Coach performs screening mammograms only. Women who have a history of breast problems, please contact your physician to discuss your options.
- Patients must have a current active relationship with a physician. It is recommended to have your physician’s first name, address and phone number when you call to make an appointment.
- Women 40 and older should talk to their doctor about their risk factors for breast cancer to determine frequency of mammograms.
- The cost of this screening will be billed to your insurance company. Programs exist to cover the cost of exams for women with no health insurance. Please ask about these programs when you call to schedule your appointment.
- The results of your mammogram will be sent to your physician.
To schedule an appointment, call 434-297-5202. Appointments must be scheduled before Thursday, October 24, 2019.
For more information regarding the UVA Mobile Mammography Coach, call SVCHS at 276-496-4492.